The International Baccalaureate® (IB) offers a continuum of international education. The programme encourage both personal and academic achievement, challenging students to excel in their studies and in their personal development.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) aims to do more than other curricula by developing inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are motivated to succeed. Students will help to build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The IB is different from other curricula because it:
- Encourages students to think critically and challenge what they are told and is independent of governments and national systems, and therefore able to incorporate best practice from a range of international frameworks and curricula
- Encourages students to consider both their local and international environment.
Students at IB World Schools are given a unique education. They will:
- be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
- take part in programs of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
- become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
- be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.